What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union directive approved by the European Commission in April 2016 (www.eugdpr.org). GDPR has entered into force on May 25, 2018 and has replaced the Data Protection Directive which has been the basis of European data protection law since 1995. The GDPR is an attempt to strengthen, harmonize, and modernize EU data protection law and enhance individual rights and freedoms, consistent with the European understanding of privacy as a fundamental human right. The GDPR regulates, among other things, how individuals and organizations may obtain, use, store, and eliminate Personal Data.
What can you expect from us?
We care about your Personal Data and stand ready to address any requests made by our stakeholders (speakers, visitors & sponsors), related to their individual rights under the GDPR:
• Right to be forgotten: you can contact us to delete your Personal Data and to remove all records we have on file.
• Right to object: you can contact us in any event where you feel your Personal Data has been used inappropriately and we will take the necessary steps to investigate these types of situations.
• Right to rectification: you can contact us to inform us of any update(s) concerning your Personal Data.
• Right of access: you can contact us at any time to request the Personal Data we have processed.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep all information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If users disable cookies in their browser: If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We will not provide your Personal Data to a third party. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, provided they will be bound by a processor agreement to keep all information confidential. We may also release information in order to comply with a statutory obligation or to protect our or others’ rights, property and safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.